HELLO FROM Journeywoman.com
A huge thank you goes out to Momenta Workshops for sponsoring this February Newsletter. We appreciate their assistance in helping us to inspire women to travel safely and well. Journeywoman loves the cool promise the workshop founders make to people who travel with them - 'When we teach you to photograph you learn to see for a lifetime.'
EXPLORATION & PHOTOGRAPHY WITH MOMENTA WORKSHOPS IN MAGICAL BALI -- The luxurious Longhouse on the mystical island of Bali is calling you. Join us for daily excursions to hidden gems off the usual tourist paths while you learn travel photography with fellow travelers from all over the world. This journey is the only trip we offer with all three founders of Momenta Workshops as your personal guides. Make this May the most memorable month of your life! Email info@MomentaWorkshops.com or visit here to learn more.
NOW HERE'S THIS MONTH'S SIX NEW JUICY ARTICLES FOR YOU TO ENJOY --
1. Check out the top 12 travel tips for February 2014. These excellent pieces of advice arrived from JourneyWomen readers all around the world and they are great! Click here!
2. The HOT TRAVEL DEALS this month will definitely be of interest to you. No single supplements, discounts for early registration, new tour opportunities including Burma, a chance to win a room upgrade and much more to explore. Click here.
3. What an incredible journey! Grand Circle's small ship cruise from St. Petersburg to Moscow earned Journeywoman's 'Best Solo Cultural Experience of 2013.' Click here!
4. Finding good fiction that takes place in an exciting destination is always a treat. Read '12 Female Mystery Writers Who Teach Us About Destinations Worldwide.' Click here!
5. What would February be without a Valentine's Day travel love story? Written with her heart, Editor Evelyn Hannon explains why she never misses celebrating Chinese New Year. Click here!
6. Last month you sent us kudos for our photo album, 'Israel - The People Make the Place' This month we offer Part Two of the series. Click here!
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR FACEBOOK FOLLOWERS -- You are absolutely terrific! Recently we posted a request for interesting things to do in San Francisco. The result was a very lively discussion involving over 50 women checking into our page with their best tips. I believe I can safely say that we all benefited from that communal post. P.S. At the time of writing we've topped the 9,600 mark of Journey Women who are participating on an ongoing basis. If you haven't yet visited, come by and give us a 'LIKE.' At this rate it won't be long before we reach the 10,000 mark. Together we can move mountains.
WHO WON THE TRAVELER'S JOURNAL? -- We asked you for tips about Paris and we were absolutely inundated with lots of juicy stuff which is being compiled for a future issue. We promised to pick one tip-ster at random who will receive '1,000 Places to See Before You Die Traveler's Journal.' And the winner is, Rose in San Francisco, USA. Rose, please send us you full name and mailing address and we'll send your prize out ASAP.
CHICAGO HERE WE COME! -- Editor Evelyn Hannon is delighted to be a keynote speaker at the very first Women in Travel Summit at the Palmer House in Chicago on March 14-16, 2014. Events and workshops are being planned for travel bloggers -- I'm told that there will be 'a number of sessions that are geared specifically towards the female traveler, to include budget traveling, solo traveling, and traveling with ethics in mind.' All in all, this is an excellent opportunity to meet and connect with other like-minded women. Registration starts at $149 on witsummit.com For further information check out their video at www.travelgogirl.com/witsummit/wits-14-in-3-minutes-the-video Looking forward to meeting you.
BLAST FROM THE PAST -- Thinking ahead to Spring and possible trips to Italy. Susan Van Allen, editor of a '100 Places in Italy Every Woman Should Go To' offers her packing tips. Click!
MOST READ ARTICLE IN OUR LAST NEWSLETTER -- Highest number of clicks in our last newsletter went to 'Journeywoman's Best Solo Travel Experience of 2013.' If you didn't catch it before, click here!
REMEMBER TO SEND US YOUR LATEST TRAVEL TIPS WORLDWIDE FOR FEBRUARY 2014 -- As usual, we're compiling a full article of all the goodies. Tell us about a small hotel you've stayed in, a bed and breakfast, a restaurant you've loved, a shop you will definitely go back to. All ideas welcome. Email: email@example.com. Put the words, 'My February 2014 Contribution' in the subject line. Please don't forget to include your first name and the city you live in. We're counting on you ladies! HINT There is another prize involved.
STILL WANT MORE ? -- Read 'Table for One on the Road and Women's Words on Flirting.' Click here!
UNTIL OUR NEXT MAILING -- I wish you fun reading, lots of laughter and safe, wonderful, exciting journeys. You definitely deserve it!