HELLO FROM Journeywoman.com
Writing from the road! Next stop is Japan where I will be enjoying time with Overseas Adventure Travel in the company of 14 other travellers. Our 13-day itinerary called Japan's Cultural Treasures will be filled with sightseeing delights and lots of people-to-people experiences. I've also added three days on to my experience to visit Hiroshima and it's important Peace Memorial Park. As you know, for me no journey is complete without photos of the people I've met and the places I've seen. I promise you there will be plenty of 'juicy stuff' to share on my return.
Keep your eye on our Journeywoman Facebook page, everybody!
1. HOT TRIP PICKS are always such fun to read! Whether you're actively looking for your next big adventure or you're simply a daydreaming armchair traveller, check out the following opportunities. You never know where that next click will lead ...
BOOK EARLY AND ENJOY GREAT SAVINGS -- with Women Only Worldwide (WOW) Tours. Join us on small group tours to exotic destinations including Turkey and Morocco and save up to 17.537;. Whether you are travelling alone or with friends or relatives, the look no further – we even offer no mandatory single supplement! Leave the details to us and enjoy the trip of a lifetime while making new travel friends. Website: indus.travel/women-only-tours
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT? -- Come to Malta with Eurynome Journeys WanderWoman® tours! Discover mysterious ancient sites pre-dating the Pyramids of Giza, built to venerate the Mother Goddess. Explore villages and medieval citadels crowded with Renaissance cathedrals and Baroque palaces. Enjoy scenic walks and delicious cuisine! Add Slice of Sicily tour and save. Other great trips: www.wanderwoman.com Email for details: email@example.com
TRAVEL PANTIES FROM KIM ALLAN SILK -- 100% Knit Silk, Super easy care while traveling. Can be washed in sink with shampoo and dry overnight. Great for hot and cold weather. Special promotion - choose French Cut or Full Cut regularly $34 on sale for $22. Please put JW in comment box to receive this special. Like us on Facebook for more specials. Go to www.kimallansilk.com
LEARN HOW TO FOIL PEOPLE WHO PICKPOCKET -- Leave those pickpockets empty handed and zip up your valuables! The Clever Travel Companion's pick pocket proof travel gear: t-shirts, tank tops, his- and her underwear with integrated, hidden and zippered pockets hide passports, cash and credit cards beautifully. All in soft, comfy cotton mix, with safe, hidden pockets in a variety of colors from www.clevertravelcompanion.com
CULTURAL IMMERSION, RELAX & REJUVENATE IN BALI, NOV 9-18! -- Beat the winter blues and join Sacred Earth Journeys on a "Bali Bliss Retreat" which includes cultural immersion experiences, visits to temples, bike rides through rice paddy fields, Bali music & dance, sharing circles & ceremonies, yoga & meditation, and more! Led by expert local and international guides, this Nov 9-18 journey is sure to relax & renew! www.sacredearthjourneys.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-877-874-7922
WOMENS TRAVEL NETWORK 2015 DREAM JOURNEYS ARE AVAILABLE NOW -- Designed to excite & inspire you. They are carefully crafted to deliver a personal adventure like no other, with enriching and unforgettable experiences and the best private guides at your service. Each trip is limited to just 16 travellers. Website: www.womenstravelnetwork.ca Phone: 905-771-8338 or 1-888-419-0118
EVER DREAMT OF SLEEPING IN A MAHAJARAH'S PALACE -- Or riding camels in the desert? Practicing yoga or learning Indian cooking? Join us in North India this February or March and sail down the Ganges at dawn, watch the sunrise over the Taj Mahal and trawl the markets for the perfect souvenir. To book, visit www.incredibleindiatours.com or email email@example.com
WOMEN TRAVELING THE WORLD -- Offers customized boutique tours for women from all walks, ages and interest. Enjoy small group travel, meet new friends, and explore unique sites and destinations. We provide the travel companions and roomates if needed. Choose a Spa wknd, Safari, Europe, wine tastings, wknd getaways and more. www.womentravelingtheworld.com Tel: 866-753-1552
OFF THE BEATEN TRACK INDIA ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?-- Textiles, Desert Tribals, Kite and Jaipur Lit Fest to Gujarat, Kutch, and Rajasthan. Small group led by superb textile experts. Workshops in ancient textile techniques in artisan villages. Exquisite monuments and heritage accommodations. Past 2 trips sold out! January 11-27, 2015. http://bit.ly/1AnHDap or www.eyhotours.com. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPEND TWO WEEKS IN NEW ZEALAND'S GREEN PARADISE -- with SIGHTS AND SOUL TRAVELS. Tour both North and South Islands in-depth and experience the outlandishly beautiful scenery of thundering waterfalls, deep fjords, silent glaciers and the native Maori culture. Special experiences, boutique hotels, fine dining and excellent wines. Other women-only, small group, upscale tours available at: www.sightsandsoul.com or call: 866-737-9602.
SINGLE TRAVELLER SAVINGS WITH TRAFALGAR -- Interested in visiting Europe on a guided vacation as a single traveller, but don't fancy paying for single supplement? Trafalgar is now offering singles accommodation discounts on many of our most popular itineraries. Call 1800-352-4444 to find out more or visit www.trafalgar.com. And for Egypt, in 2015, there will be no single supplement on any Trafalgar itinerary! www.trafalgar.com/can/destinations/africa/egypt
NATIONAL WOMEN'S SHOW IN TORONTO -- Join the Women's Travel Network at Booth #112. The show runs from November 7-9. Website: www.nationalwomenshow.com/en/toronto/visitor
WOMEN IN TRAVEL SUMMIT BY GO GIRL TRAVEL NETWORK -- The premiere conference connecting female travelers, bloggers and entrepreneurs together with travel industries worldwide. Join us in Boston for our second annual event on 27-29 March, 2015 and be part of our global sisterhood! Registration is now open. Register here or see how WITS '14 went last March.
2. CHECK OUT THE 12 BEST TRAVEL TIPS FOR OCTOBER 2014 -- These excellent pieces of advice arrived from JourneyWomen readers all around the world. I was especially taken with the wonderfully diverse bits that came in this month. Click here!
3. OH, OH! ALL THE AIRLINES ARE ADDING FEES FOR CHECKED BAGGAGE -- Fight back! Editor Evelyn Hannon shows you how to 'Pack Light- Pack Right' as she explains what goes into her own bag. Click here.
4. ARE YOU THE PERFECT TRAVEL PARTNER? -- We surveyed over 75 travelling women and these are the important traits they are looking for in the women they travel with. Click here.
5. DON'T FORGET TO USE OUR JOURNEYWOMAN SEARCH ENGINE -- Looking for advice about a specific country? Doing research on a particular city? Click here!
6. THESE ARE NOT TRAVEL STORIES -- But they are easy, fun recipes courtesy of the women of the yummymummyclub.ca. There's everything from Carmelized Apple Cake to Smoky Sweet Potato Wedges to Cranberry Orange Loaf for Breakfast. Enjoy everybody!
7. STAY CONNECTED DURING THE MONTH VIA FACEBOOK -- We've reached our 11,384th Journeywoman Community member and Facebook will allow us to stay connected to all of you. We'll post photos, lots of links to new travel material and we'll try to find answers to your travel questions. C'mon and LIKE us, join the conversation or just observe. Our welcome mat is always out! Click here. P.S. If you are a Twitter user, please join our 36,100 followers. We post under the handle @journeywoman.
9. BLAST FROM THE PAST -- Have you ever noticed the way photographers pose when they are taking their photos of others? Click!
FINALLY, WE CAN'T LET YOU GO WITHOUT REMINDING YOU. We'd love to publish your travel tip. Simply send it in an email (along with your first name and the city you are writing from) to: email@example.com. Put the words: 'October 2014 travel tip' in the subject line. We await your 'wise travel words', ladies.
UNTIL OUR NEXT MAILING -- I wish you fun reading, lots of laughter and safe, wonderful, exciting journeys. You definitely deserve it!