HELLO FROM Journeywoman.com
A TRAVEL AND LEARN OPPORTUNITY -- Evelyn Hannon, Editor of Journeywoman.com has been given the privilege to observe and report on some of the World War One commemorations and exhibits being held in Flanders, Belgium this year. Amongst her stops will be a visit to the Flanders Field Museum and attendance at the Last Post Ceremony honouring the fallen of the Great War. You will be able to follow Evelyn's journey on www.Facebook.com/Journeywoman. Mark your calendars; photos will begin being posted on Friday, May 30th.
EDITOR'S NOTE: When I was in high school it was mandatory for all students to learn the poem, 'In Flanders Fields.' This poignant poetry describes the battlefields in Flanders where countless lives were lost. It implores that in the future those who died would not be forgotten. How could I have imagined that 60 years later I would be one of the visitors paying her respects in this part of the world? It is, indeed, a privilege.
NOW HERE'S THIS MONTH'S FIVE NEW JUICY ARTICLES FOR YOU TO ENJOY --
1. Check out the top 12 travel tips for May 2014. These excellent pieces of advice arrived from JourneyWomen readers all around the world and they are great! Click here!
2. The HOT TRAVEL STUFF this month will definitely be of interest to you. There's 'no single supplements', discounts for early registration, new tour opportunities, terrific travel clothing, an amazing race style competition, and much more to explore. Click here.
3. Though I was In San Francisco to attend the Canadian Media Marketplace (lots of new destinations to tell you about) I still managed to catch up on some quick treats in the city. Here's the 'Cool New Stuff I Learned About San Francisco' including where I found some of my Cut Loose travel clothes at outlet prices and special fares on the BART (subway system) for older adults. Click here.
4. Packing secrets and appropriate clothes are always a hot topic at the Journeywoman website. Here's what we found when we asked female frequent flyers for their advice. Click here.
5. Looking for your first travel taste of Asia? Here's Six Good Reasons a Journeywoman Will Enjoy Hong Kong. Click here.
WE DID IT ON FACEBOOK! -- We reached our 10,000th Journeywoman Community member and then surpassed it easily by another 400+ women who joined us last month. That is utterly fantastic and the best part is that some women who were really leery about social media are starting to come on board and loving it. For example, together we created a 'to do list' for San Francisco that 69 JourneyWomen contributed to and 2822 people viewed and took advantage of. Now that is fabulous networking! Thank you, thank you everybody. P.S. We try to post something new on Facebook daily. C'mon and LIKE us, join the conversation or just observe. Our welcome mat is always out! Click here.
BLAST FROM THE PAST -- It's the perfect time of the year for this. 50 Things to See and Do in Washington, DC: Click here.
MOST READ ARTICLE IN OUR LAST NEWSLETTER -- Highest number of clicks in our last newsletter went to '100+ Tips on How to Prepare for and Enjoy Paris.' If you didn't catch it before, click here! Second most read article? 'March's Top 12 Travel Tips.' Click!
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SEND US YOUR LATEST TRAVEL TIPS FOR JUNE 2014 -- As usual, we're compiling a full article of all the goodies. Tell us about a small hotel you've stayed in, a bed and breakfast, a restaurant you've loved, a shop you will definitely go back to. All ideas welcome. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Put the words, 'My June 2014 Contribution' in the subject line. Please don't forget to include your first name and the city you live in. We're counting on you, ladies!
WHO HAS BEEN TO BELGIUM? -- Send us your tips and advice about Brussels, Antwerp and Bruges but be sure to put the word "Belgium GIFT' in the subject line. We'll pick one of those juicy bits of advice at random and send you a woman-friendly gift from that part of the world. Address your entries to email@example.com.
THREE MOST HEARTWARMING MESSAGES WE RECEIVED THIS MONTH -- These missives made our Journeywoman heart sing (really loud:), they were very much appreciated and we want to say 'THANK YOU' (really loud).
1. 'I'm a huge fan of Evelyn and her Journeywoman ezine. She reached out to me in 2004 when I was running my women's network, Tea Women Network, here in NYC and wrote about it on her ezine website. From that piece women from all over the world contacted me and wanted to know more about what I did. I'll never stop being grateful to her for the wonderful women I met. She's a special person running an extraordinary business.'
2. 'Evelyn, your monthly [Journeywoman] newsletter is like opening a treasure chest full of numbered boxes - one leads to another and another and another'.
3. 'Evelyn's keynote at the first-ever Women in Travel Summit was absolutely spellbinding. Not only did she effortlessly weave tales of her travels into empowering stories of self-discovery and growth, but by the time she finished, there wasn't a dry eye in the house! We feel so grateful to have had her join us and honored to have gotten to know an incredible role model in the community of travel for women.'
STILL WANT MORE? -- This is not a travel story by any stretch of the imagination. It is Grandma's secret on how to get little ones to eat carrots and eggs. Click here.
UNTIL OUR NEXT MAILING -- I wish you fun reading, lots of laughter and safe, wonderful, exciting journeys. You definitely deserve it!